A Break In November

by Kailia Sage, October 22, 2020

There have been some big life decisions I've made during the month of October that I really want to talk about on the blog today. I don't normally do anything like this anymore but I knew that I had to say something. 

I have decided that I am taking the month of November off from blogging. There probably won't be any posts going live as I had a busy October and wasn't able to plan ahead for scheduled posts. Part of that was being overwhelmed by life, and the other was based on the fact that I wasn't reading.

I've been on the hunt for a job since July, after my company officially closed its doors. I found a job, and really enjoyed it, but I wasn't getting enough hours to make the job worth my time. It was a very difficult decision. I'm so fortunate that my parents allow me to live at home rent free but that has taken a toll on us. I want to be able to help my parents with the mortgage for our home and I can't do that without a job. I was finally able to find another job (well, I will be working part time with an old company) and I am happy with that. 

On another note, I have decided that I will be participating in NaNoWriMo 2020. For those of you who might not know, National Novel Writing Month occurs every November. The basic goal for NaNo is to write 50,000 words in 30 days. I say basic, however, because people change and modify the goals to suit their needs. I am very excited about this story and I'm excited to begin writing. 

However, and this is a big however, my overall goal is to once again prepare to take the LSAT in 2021, hopefully in April. It'll be my second time taking the test and I really want to do well on it. I didn't do all that well with my first score and it essentially left me feeling defeated. After a lot (and I mean A LOT) of reflection, I have decided that pursuing a law degree (specifically a JD) is what I want to do. Above the the job and NaNoWrimo is going to be my preparation for this test. 

And so, this break for the month of November is vital for me. 

I can't wait to see y'all on December 1! 

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© In Want of Books · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS