June Wrap Up

in , by Kailia Sage, July 01, 2020

June 2020 has been one of the worst months of this year, and in some ways, in my entire life. Instead of taking about the reviews and other posts that went up, I wanted to take some time to talk about what's been going on in my family and in my life. 

In late May, my Nana (maternal grandfather) got sick. He was in the hospital for a while and we thought it wouldn't be so bad. Instead of getting better, though, he got worse. Eventually, they had to put him in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU). This was terrifying for us. Not only was the world shut down because of the pandemic but India closed its borders to curve the spread. 

It wasn't all bad because he started to get better and was almost taken out of the ICU. But it wasn't meant to be and he passed away mid June, on the 20th. As you can imagine, this was beyond difficult for us. I won't go into details for personal reasons. 

However, it was only going to get worse. The day after my Nana's funeral, I found out that my company in China was closing. On July 21, I was officially no longer working for my company. Aside from not having a job, I had no way of getting back to China, either to find more work or to officially move back. For the remainder of the month, I focused on my grief and the stress of moving my things back to the US. 

That's all I want to share at the moment but the blog will slow down for a bit. I have up till August end scheduled and hopefully I'll be up to writing more posts. 
SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© In Want of Books · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS