A Week to Be Wicked | Spindle Cove #2 | Tessa Dare
March 27th 2012 | Avon 
Source: Library 
When a devilish lord and a bluestocking set off on the road to ruin... time is not on their side.
Minerva Highwood, one of Spindle Cove's confirmed spinsters, needs to be in Scotland.

Colin Sandhurst, Lord Payne, a rake of the first order, needs to be... anywhere but Spindle Cove.

These unlikely partners have one week to • fake an elopement
• convince family and friends they're in "love"
• outrun armed robbers
• survive their worst nightmares
• travel four hundred miles without killing each other
All while sharing a very small carriage by day and an even smaller bed by night.

What they don't have time for is their growing attraction. Much less wild passion. And heaven forbid they spend precious hours baring their hearts and souls.

Suddenly one week seems like exactly enough time to find a world of trouble. And maybe... just maybe... love.
If you don’t know that I’m a huge fan of Tessa dare then let me tell you that I love Tessa dare and her work. Historical fiction books are some of the most hilarious that I’ve come across over the years. Her characters are just las heartwarming and wonderful and route worthy as you would ever want them to be. I will admit though, that her spindle Cove series has not been a favorite of mine. I’ve read the first book and I wasn’t as impressed. A week to be wicked, on the other hand, is just a kind of Tessa dare book that I have come to love.

Even among the various promises you can have for his work of fiction, I dare to be wicked is one of the far out there. Where a lot of the moments in the story could feel ridiculous – – and they are ridiculous– – Tessa Dare somehow manages to make them utterly hysterical. I don’t know how she managed to do it but so much of this plot just that with these characters. In any other book, I would’ve thought that certain events were completely out of bounds but they worked so well in a week to be wicked.

I also don’t know how she does it but I love Tessa dare’s characters. I’ll be very honest and admit that I did not know how she was going to get Minerva and Colin to work as a couple. We met them in the previous story and I wasn’t sold on this pairing. I don’t know why I was worried though because I love them together. At this moment in time they are my favorite couple of this entire series and I know that a lot of people also love them immensely.

I love that Colin in Minerva are so incredibly developed outside of the relationship with each other. I’ll Colin struggles to come to terms with past trauma which has caused him to act out, Minerva is a budding archaeologist. Minerva especially knows what she wants in her life and isn’t afraid to go for it. Collin, on the other hand, recognizes that in Minerva and is attracted to that part of her. Some of the most intimate moments come and both of them are completely honest with the other. Even though they are so different, Collin and Minerva come to understand that they have a lot of similarities. They’re able to help each other through a lot of difficult and absurdly hilarious moments in the story.

If you can’t tell how much I love the story, I don’t really know if there’s anything else left to stay. A week to be wicked has Tessa dares trademark hilarity and heart, leaving you rooting for the characters the entire time. I would highly recommend this story to people.
SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© In Want of Books · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS