Where Have I Been

by Kailia Sage, May 24, 2021
I'm not entirely sure what happened in May that led me to completely stop blogging. I didn't update thing blog or my personal blog for a long, long time. Frankly, I have about ten drafted posts per blog that have been sitting unfinished, waiting to be completed and shared with the world. At this point in time, I don't think that's going to happen. I think the time for those posts, many of them being of the personal nature, has come and gone. Maybe one day I will publish them, but for now, it's time to simply move on.

Aside from not posting on this blog, I have also been in one of the worst reading slumps from the past two years. I am two books behind on my GoodReads reading goal and I don't entirely know when I'm going to snap out of it. I have a singular post on this blog from 2021. It's been rough around here and to be honest, it's because I haven't taken the time to breathe.

For the most part, I've just been exhausted from work to really do anything else. Working 6.5 hours five days a week takes a toll and it's one that I didn't want to admit to. I'm the kind of person that thinks I can do anything and everything, but not truly take care of my body. Thus, I have been burntout for the past two months. I am extremly lucky that I get to live in my parents home and have a job right now, I am aware, but that doesn't mean that I can't also be tired.

Now that I'm making a conscious effort to stop, relax and take care of myself, I feel like reading again. I felt like writing this post, finally, and getting back to book blogging. I am excited for what's to come!
SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© In Want of Books · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS