Changing Reading Habits: How I Read Now

in , by Kailia Sage, October 21, 2021



In my previous post I talked about how I feel like I have grown out of reading Young Adult books. In this post, I want to talk about how my reading habits have changed over the years.

Kindle and eBooks
I used to never read ebooks because constantly looking at screens wasn't something I wanted to do. It wasn't until I got an actual kindle that I realized how amazing it was to read ebooks. My eyes didn't hurt and I could spend hours reading without a headache. Now, I don't think I could go back to just physical books.

Audiobooks
In all honesty, I am still horrible with audiobooks. I tend to stop focusing on the words and it all ends up just being background noise. I like listening to shorter books and novellas in audiobook format more than anything else. Maybe one day I can get to the point of listening to full books.

Quality over Quanity
I remember being horrible at putting down books that I didn't like. I used to force myself to finish all the books I started to read. In the past couple of years, however, I have finally learned the benefits of DNFing books.

In the end, I had to change how and what I read to keep up with it. Aside from the fact that I am getting older and my reading tastes are as well, I knew I couldn't keep up the same strategy. Truly, the days where I could easily read hundreds of books a year has long gone.
SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© In Want of Books · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS