I will be very honest when I admit that I was hesitant to begin this series. Eight bucks just seemed like a lot of a commitment to make but I have heard so many good things about the series that I figured it was time to give it a go. Plus, Netflix is making this into a series and I really really wanted to read the books before watching the show.

I will have to say that I am beyond glad that I decided to read the series. I absolutely love the Bridgertons and everyone who recommends this series for a reason. The family is large and boisterous and loving. The banter between the siblings is off the wall leading me to laugh throughout. Even if I didn’t love all of the romances in this series, I fell head over heels in love with the family. So here are the reviews for all eight of the books in the Bridgertons series by Julia Quinn!


An Offer From A Gentleman | Bridgertons Book 3 Source: Library 
 Will she accept his offer before the clock strikes midnight? Sophie Beckett never dreamed she’d be able to sneak into Lady Bridgerton’s famed masquerade ball—or that “Prince Charming” would be waiting there for her! Though the daughter of an earl, Sophie has been relegated to the role of servant by her disdainful stepmother. But now, spinning in the strong arms of the debonair and devastatingly handsome Benedict Bridgerton, she feels like royalty. Alas, she knows all enchantments must end when the clock strikes midnight.

Ever since that magical night, a radiant vision in silver has blinded Benedict to the attractions of any other—except, perhaps this alluring and oddly familiar beauty dressed in housemaid’s garb whom he feels compelled to rescue from a most disagreeable situation. He has sworn to find and wed his mystery miss, but this breathtaking maid makes him weak with wanting her. Yet, if he offers his heart, will Benedict sacrifice his only chance for a fairy tale love?
I’m not usually one to care for Cinderella re-tellings but I found that Julia Quinn really pulled it out of the park with this one. She didn’t use every aspect of the fairy tale for this story and some of the changes were very well done. Benedict and Sophie’s story ended up being incredibly sweet.

I’ll be very honest and admit that I’m not one for love at first sight stories but I enjoyed it in An Offer From A Gentleman. Benedict has been such a great character thus far and I was pleasantly surprised to see him fall so hard and fast for Sophie. He’s probably the one Bridgerton of the oldest four that the readers know least about. He isn’t the serious, oldest son of the family like Anthony and he isn’t the rake like Colin, his younger brother. He also isn’t as enigmatic as his younger siblings. I love that Julia Quinn took the time to show that it wasn’t always easy being a member of this family (even if none of them would ever change it). I found Benedict to be incredibly sweet and caring and an all around good guy. He’s the definition of being a “good guy” without being boring.

Sophie, on the other hand, was a character I loved from the moment she came on the page. It’s taken me a while to appreciate Cinderella and the messages behind the fairytale which allowed me to really care for Sophie. She is so kind and loving and smart and most of all, strong. I loved her tenacity and her drive to get out of the horrible situation she was in and do better for herself.

I loved watching Benedict and Sophie fall for one another. They slowly opened up to each other and shared different aspects of themselves and then they felt comfortable. If anything, I found An Offer From a Gentleman to be a very soft, calm read. I was invested in their love story and I was willing to give it the time it needed to develop and blossom.

I’m realizing now just how much I loved this story and this pairing. Any of the conflicts that arose in the book felt necessary, any secrets kept felt viable and I was sold on the love story.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Penelope Featherington has secretly adored her best friend’s brother for… well, it feels like forever. After half a lifetime of watching Colin Bridgerton from afar, she thinks she knows everything about him, until she stumbles across his deepest secret… and fears she doesn’t know him at all.

Colin Bridgerton is tired of being thought nothing but an empty-headed charmer, tired of the neverending sameness of his life, and, most of all, tired of everyone’s preoccupation with the notorious gossip columnist Lady Whistledown, who can’t seem to publish an edition without mentioning him in the first paragraph. But when Colin returns to London from a trip abroad, he discovers nothing in his life is quite the same—especially Penelope Featherington! The girl who was always simply… there is suddenly the girl haunting his dreams. But when he discovers that Penelope has secrets of her own, this elusive bachelor must decide… is she his biggest threat—or his promise of a happy ending?
By the time I got to reading the fourth book in the Bridgertons series, I was firmly invested in the lives of all of the siblings. When I found out that Penelope and Colin would be the pairing in this book, I wasn’t sure how to feel. I love Colin to pieces but there wasn’t much to be said about Penelope. And boy was Romancing Mister Bridgerton even better than expected.

Even though we know a little about Penelope from the previous books, we don’t really get much in terms of personality but Romancing Mister Bridgerton changes that. Penelope really gets a chance to shine and show her personality to everyone. She’s a witty and observant woman who isn’t afraid to share her thoughts when asked for them. I loved reading her grow as a character and really find her footing in this story.

Which brings us to Colin, who is my favorite Bridgerton brother. He’s always been so carefree and snarky and restless to get out and travel. He has such a big personality and I’ve loved seeing him throughout the previous books. I enjoyed seeing how he struggled with his feelings around not having a purpose and where he fit in society. I appreciated that he wasn’t just a rake but a man who wanted to find what he was meant to do. This plot line added a lot of depth to his character and I’m so glad my favorite brother got his moment.

And y’all! I shipped these two so hard as soon as hints of their romance began to blossom. Their banter was really great and their different personalities clashed in the best way possible. They each pushed each other to be their best and reveal the aspects of their personalities that they hid from the world. Julia Quinn really went all out with this pairing.

Overall, Romancing Mister Bridgerton is one of my favorites of this entire series. It’s full of banter and witty conversations. Penelope and Colin’s romance is sweet and sexy and unexpected as it develops and I loved every moment of it. Plus, so many of our favorite characters from previous books make a cameo. Lady Danbury, for example, continues to be one of my favorites and she was so great in this one!
The Bridgertons Series
SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© In Want of Books · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS