I will be very honest when I admit that I was hesitant to begin this series. Eight bucks just seemed like a lot of a commitment to make but I have heard so many good things about the series that I figured it was time to give it a go. Plus, Netflix is making this into a series and I really really wanted to read the books before watching the show.

I will have to say that I am beyond glad that I decided to read the series. I absolutely love the Bridgertons and everyone who recommends this series for a reason. The family is large and boisterous and loving. The banter between the siblings is off the wall leading me to laugh throughout. Even if I didn’t love all of the romances in this series, I fell head over heels in love with the family. So here are the reviews for all eight of the books in the Bridgertons series by Julia Quinn!

Scandal in Spring | Lisa Kleypas | Wallflowers #4
Source: Library 
After spending three London seasons searching for a husband, Daisy Bowman's father has told her in no uncertain terms that she must find a husband. Now. And if Daisy can't snare an appropriate suitor, she will marry the man he chooses—the ruthless and aloof Matthew Swift.

Daisy is horrified. A Bowman never admits defeat, and she decides to do whatever it takes to marry someone... anyone... other than Matthew. But she doesn't count on Matthew's unexpected charm... or the blazing sensuality that soon flares beyond both their control. And Daisy discovers that the man she has always hated just might turn out to be the man of her dreams.

But right at the moment of sweet surrender, a scandalous secret is uncovered... one that could destroy both Matthew and a love more passionate and irresistible than Daisy's wildest fantasies.
After three wonderful stories in this series, I was eager to see how Daisy's love story would unfold. Aside from being the youngest of the Wallflowers, she's fun and caring and a little aloof. It's hard for her to find her footing with an older sister as vocal as Lillian, someone as beautiful as Annabelle and someone as kind as Evie. It's not to say that she doesn't love her sister and friends but she has felt the pressure after this many years. And this is where the story begins: Unlike the other women, she has yet to find an English man to marry so her father takes matters into his hands. Daisy will now have to marry a man of his choice and he chooses Matthew Swift, the last man Daisy would ever consider.

Y'all, I love hate-to-love stories and they're even better when the two love interests have a history. It's even better when the history isn't all sunshine and daisies (see what I did there?). Daisy and Matthew have quite a history and I loved watching them fall in love. After watching Annabelle, Lillian and Evie fall in love, Daisy wants the same thing. Daisy is pretty and sweet and lovable so why can't a man fall in love with her too? Sure, she likes to read books and daydreams more than she should but that shouldn't mean she can't fall in love. The last thing she expects, of course, is for Matthew Swift to not only be a kind man but a man Daisy is attracted to. He's not the cold and unfeeling man she remembered him to be and she doesn't know how to handle this news.

I was so ready for Daisy and Matthew to become friends and fall in love but something even better happens: even though their hate does durn into love, we find out that Matthew has been in love with Daisy for a long time. The feelings he's harbored for her leads him to want the best for Daisy which doesn't include him (he's not good enough for her). While there is another issue that arises in this story, I loved that we learned how much Matthew loved Daisy. He reveals himself to be the person that's always seen her for who she is and their future together could be so good. I loved that the focus on this book is about Matthew and Daisy, their friendship and their growing love for each other and less about the drama.

Overall, I loved this book so much. There were so many aspects of this book I loved and it makes me want to have a hate-to-love relationship with someone I have a history with. Daisy's such a sweet character that when Matthew ruffles her feathers and gets her riled up, she's such a spunky character. It's definitely a great story for the last Wallflower and one worth reading.

Wallflowers Series: 
Prequel Book: Again the Magic 
First Book: Secrets of a Summer Night
Second Book: It Happened One Autumn 
Third Book: Devil in Winter
Fourth Book: Scandal in Spring 
SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© In Want of Books · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS