I have yet another series review for you guys. I have loved this series since I first read it years ago and as I recently re-read this series, I thought I should finally share my thoughts on the books! Not only is the writing really great, but the characters are also amazing. I love the world that Anne Bishop has created.


Marked in Flesh | Anne Bishop | The Others #4
Source: Library 
For centuries, the Others and humans have lived side by side in uneasy peace. But when humankind oversteps its bounds, the Others will have to decide how much humanity they’re willing to tolerate—both within themselves and within their community...

Since the Others allied themselves with the cassandra sangue, the fragile yet powerful human blood prophets who were being exploited by their own kind, the delicate dynamic between humans and Others changed. Some, like Simon Wolfgard, wolf shifter and leader of the Lakeside Courtyard, and blood prophet Meg Corbyn, see the new, closer companionship as beneficial—both personally and practically.

But not everyone is convinced. A group of radical humans is seeking to usurp land through a series of violent attacks on the Others. What they don’t realize is that there are older and more dangerous forces than shifters and vampires protecting the land that belongs to the Others—and those forces are willing to do whatever is necessary to protect what is theirs…
I was pleasantly surprised by Marked in Flesh and this was a feat that I didn’t think was possible. I really loved all of the previous books in the series and I wasn’t entirely sure what I was going to get in Marked in flesh. Certain events of the previous books come into major play and I loved every bit of it.

The specific group of humans in the Humans First and Last Movement take their antics up a level in an attempt to hurt the Others. And because of them there isn’t as much action in this book. We spend a lot of the time watching the humans in this movement take matters into their own hands but with consequences that they didn’t anticipate. We get an introduction into the Elders who have existed for an even longer period of time in this world. The Elders are even less forgiving than the others and will do whatever it takes to protect their own.

Marked and flash is also one of the first times that we get to see a broader sense of how the world is dealing in this time period. We get to see how the politics of the others affects the other populations of humans around the world. We get to see just how big the ripple effects have gotten and their effects. Really truly I just love this series and the world that Bishop has created. We don’t get all of the information on this world but I’m OK with it. We get all of the information that we need in order to understand the story and I think that it works. This series is truly an expiration and the relationships between the characters and I think that too much information would become information overload.

It’s hard for me to talk about any of the books in the series without talking about Meg and Simon but I really just love them so much. Not only Meg and Simon though, because I love all of the other characters in the series. From the police force that works with the others to the humans who actually work in the stores with the others, I really just love how Anne Bishop manages to create relationships we can root for. We don’t want the others to be hurt but we also don’t want certain humans to be hurt either. We begin to care for all of the humans and the others and we just want the best for them. We never forget that the others aren’t actually either but that they aren’t always as different from humans as they like to make it out.

I can’t believe that there is only one more book left in the series but I am back on excited to see how and bishop will wrap up these storylines. I have a feeling that I will always want more Megan Simon but I’m confident the Anne bishop will end the series in the best way that she knows.

The World of the Others:
Written in Red (The Others, #1)
Murder of Crows (The Others, #2)
Vision in Silver (The Others, #3)
Marked in Flesh (The Others, #4)
Etched in Bone (The Others, #5)
Lake Silver (The World of the Others, #1; The Others, #6)
Wild Country (The World of the Others, #2; The Others, #7)
SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© In Want of Books · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS