I have yet another series review for you guys. I have loved this series since I first read it years ago and as I recently re-read this series, I thought I should finally share my thoughts on the books! Not only is the writing really great, but the characters are also amazing. I love the world that Anne Bishop has created.

Vision in Silver | Anne Bishop | The Others #3
Source: Library 
The Others freed the cassandra sangue to protect the blood prophets from exploitation, not realizing their actions would have dire consequences. Now the fragile seers are in greater danger than ever before; both from their own weaknesses and from those who seek to control their divinations for wicked purposes. In desperate need of answers, Simon Wolfgard, a shape-shifter leader among the Others, has no choice but to enlist blood prophet Meg Corbyn’s help, regardless of the risks she faces by aiding him.

Meg is still deep in the throes of her addiction to the euphoria she feels when she cuts and speaks prophecy. She knows each slice of her blade tempts death. But Others and humans alike need answers, and her visions may be Simon’s only hope of ending the conflict.

For the shadows of war are deepening across the Atlantik, and the prejudice of a fanatic faction is threatening to bring the battle right to Meg and Simon’s doorstep…
After the explosive ending in a murder of crows, I was eagerly anticipating vision and silver. I really wanted to know how the others and meg would handle the situation from the previous book. The events of the previous book would really change the trajectory of this entire series and I really love how Anne Bishop puts our characters through the ringer. She doesn’t take the easy way out of the situation, and really makes our characters work for a happier ending.

Now that the Cassandra sangue are freed, it’s up to the Others and the humans who saved them to make sure they survive. There’s so much that we don’t know about these girls, their powers, and how they are affected because it’s different for all of them. But at the same time, no one can allow these girls to simply die. Once again and Bishop manages to raise the stakes even higher than they were before InVision and silver. At the same time, the war between certain populations of humans and the others continues to brew. Anne bishop does an exceptional job of showing us the various players in the game and how their war is coming to a head.

As much as I have loved Meg in the previous novels, I have to admit that Simon is my favorite of this entire series. He openly admits that he will never be human and he has the instincts of a wolf above all else. He’s an incredible matter-of-fact character and as a leader of the courtyard, it is his responsibility to make sure that the others are safe. However, like I mentioned previously, the humans have also become a part of the courtyard pack. Not only that, by allowing Meg into the courtyard and giving her a job he also has a sort of responsibility to how the rest of the world handles the upcoming situations. It’s incredibly astounding to me how Anne Bishop takes one character and shows how his actions can have a ripple effect that literally changes the course of the world.

As this is the third book in the series, I feel like I am an old broken record when I talk about how much I love the characters and the relationships in this book. But really y’all are I love these characters so much. Anne Bishop never let us forget that the Others are not human but the humans are very human. But if either of these groups of people has any chance of surviving they have to work together. They have to work with both of their instincts and their strengths and weaknesses to really succeed in saving the world from being ruined. Specifically, the Humans First and Last Movement is gaining momentum and they want the Others to pay. According to them, the Others have too much power and they need to take some back.

I love how we get the subtle hints of Meg and Simon’s romance but it’s never overbearing. In most cases I would want more moments between these two but when it comes to this series, I don’t mind it one bit. Meg and Simon are essentially an old married couple and I love them just as they are.

I’m not sure what else there is for me to say in this review except you need to read the series. I love the world and how intricate it is, the characters are so wonderful and the writing flows very well. I find that sometimes urban fantasy stories have writing that gets bogged down with the details but Anne Bishop only gives us what we need.


The World of the Others:
Written in Red (The Others, #1)
Murder of Crows (The Others, #2)
Vision in Silver (The Others, #3)
Marked in Flesh (The Others, #4)
Etched in Bone (The Others, #5)
Lake Silver (The World of the Others, #1; The Others, #6)
Wild Country (The World of the Others, #2; The Others, #7)
SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© In Want of Books · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS