May Wrap Up

in , by Kailia Sage, May 30, 2020
We're officially at the end of month five of this year. Time keeps passing by and by and not much changes. I was able to reach 100 books read this year so that was nice. As I'll mention below, there is a lot of unrest happening in the US right now that I'm trying to focus on bettering my activism.

Reading Stats: 

 Total Books: 15
Number of Books I Finished: 15
Number of Books I DNFed: 0

Books I Read This Month: 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

What My Reading Was Like This Month: 

This month did not go as I expected. It was far slower reading wise but I ended up taking a break. There was a lot going on in my personal life that I needed to take care.

Of course, there is also so much happening in the United States as well. After the deaths of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor and Ahmaud Arbery and many more, people have been peacefully protesting once again. People are demanding change to the institutional systems of white supremacy that have killed so many Black people.  

Posts From This Month: 

Books On My June TBR: 

Nothing! I want to give myself a chance to take a break and read whatever I want. I do know that I want to read more books by Black authors. After so much activism on Twitter and other social media, I realized that I need to actually put in the work. One way to do this would be to support Black writers by reading their work. 

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© In Want of Books · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS